The Rules of Dating

Have you ever wondered who sets the rules for dating in the world? Like who made up the term "talking" and when it was to occur? And who determined how to date and when to do certain things? This all just baffles me. The idea of dating is to spend time with a person you like more than a friend...I get that...I think a 3 year old could get that. But what I don't understand is why we follow the rules other people set in their relationships. There's no law that says we have to follow these rules to the letter. The media definitely has a role in this. The movies and TV shows tell us when we should do certain things...I'll leave that up to your imagination. Why can't we set our own rules for dating? It's like none of us knows what to do and just follows the crowd or does what our friends do to fit in and not look foolish. It's like we're programmed to think this way. We don't know what to do with ourselves. We should all be individuals and make our own decisions because one person may not believe in what another person thinks we should be doing at this age. So why should we let it define our relationships? My view is to be your own person and worry about what's going on in your relationship and let others do what they want.

Comments

Popular Posts