Debbie, Carrie, and...uhhhh...what's her name?
Have you ever felt excluded? Like you're losing a grip on what you used to have? For me that's a very familiar feeling. In some ways it brings people closer...to other people. I've been feeling this way for a while. I love my best friends to death but it seems like this year we have grown apart. Maybe it's because we've had boyfriends, or maybe it's because we've been making other friends, or maybe it's because we don't all have classes together. I don't really get invited to hang out with them anymore. They hang out with each other but I'm kind of an afterthought or no thought at all. They are all friends with the same people and I'm not really friends with a lot of them because they seem to look down on me, or seem to not like me because I'm dating their friend. I don't know. I don't know what to say about it. I don't know if I should tell them how I'm feeling or if I should just sit back and keep quiet. I don't want to lose my best friends because they're the best people ever. It's gotten to a point where I'm not even kept up to date with what's going on in their lives. Like my friend started dating someone about a month ago and I didn't even know about it until a few days ago when she told me. She thought I had heard it from someone else. It's things like that that make me feel excluded. A friend that I lost this year said she was feeling excluded and I don't want to sound needy like her. Maybe I just don't jump on opportunities to hang out or maybe I'm just being whiny. I'm not sure. So I'm gonna try to be more available and if that doesn't work I'm gonna say something. Sounds like a plan. :)
Comments
Post a Comment